Instagram is one of the most popular social media sites today. It has become so popular that it is used by millions of people every day. What makes Instagram so special is that you can take photos and videos of whatever inspires you right now. These types of photos are known as IG photos or Instagram photos. They are more than just a photo, though. They are a visual representation of your brand and what your life looks like at any given moment. Therefore, creating an IG business isn’t just about snapping some good-looking photos; it’s about creating a lasting presence on Instagram that will bring in new, free Instagram followers and keep old ones coming back for more. Creating an IG business doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming, either. You just need to know where to start and how to make it happen. Let’s learn more about starting an IG business, as well as explore some helpful tips for those who want to create their thriving account.
- Take advice with a grain of salt. No one knows what you’re going through at any given moment, so while it’s good to recognize the struggles of your audience, don’t let them become your own. Be yourself, and your IG business will thrive.
- Take time to think about what you want from your Instagram account. What kind of photos do you want to post? What do you want your IG account to represent? These are all questions you need to ask yourself before you start posting.
- Posting every day is recommended. It’s important to post regularly because it creates a sense of consistency for your audience. It also shows that you’re not trying to sneak in a few posts under the radar. Instead, you’re posting regularly, and your audience can stay up to date with what you have to say.
- Use IG hashtags to help you find and discover new IG communities. There are thousands of IG communities out there and not every one of them will be relevant to you. To find the right groups, you need to find the right hashtags.
- Don’t be afraid to edit your photos. When you first start posting, you’re not going to have the highest quality photos. Instead, you’re going to have basic, unedited shots. Editing, however, can improve your IG photos and make them stand out from the crowd.
- Use your IG account as an opportunity to expand your footprint in the world. This means posting photos of you interacting with people in your life, whether it’s your family or friends. This will show your audience that you are real and that you are a part of their lives. You can also post photos of yourself interacting with people in your community, like volunteering or doing outreach.
- Consider your audience when deciding what to post and when. People want to see you, and they will be much happier if they see you posting things that matter to you. – Remember that IG isn’t just a place for you to post photos. It’s a place to connect with your audience, and you can and should use this space to ask your followers questions, discuss topics of interest, and generally engage with your followers.
- If you’re just starting, consider starting a series of posts. This can help you tie all of your posts together and develop a story with your followers.
- Consider using an app to help you plan your posts and stay on track with your posting schedule. This is especially useful if you have several accounts and you’re trying to keep everything on track.
- Make use of the IG story feature. This is an opportunity to create a narrative around your life that your followers can follow. You can use this to share a story about your life, like when you first got a dog or got your first job.
- Consider getting an assistant to help you plan and post on a regular schedule. This will free up your time so that you can post more frequently and focus on focusing on your business.
- Turn negative comments into positive ones. If someone comments on a photo or video you posted, don’t get frustrated and leave negative comments yourself. Instead, redirect the conversation to something positive by thanking the commenter for the feedback.
- Consider using IG stories for your business posts. These stories are a great way to share a longer narrative with your followers.
- Keep your account age-appropriate. This is a common mistake that new IG account creators make, but it’s also something that can lower your engagement.
Hashtags on Instagram are words or combinations of words used to help others find your posts in search. This is especially useful because Instagram is a visual platform, so your followers are looking for pictures to scroll through and pictures with hashtags will often show up in those posts. Therefore, make sure to use relevant IG hashtags. You can use generic hashtags, but the ones you choose will help your posts be found in search. This is especially true when you’re first starting and you don’t have a large following yet. It’s good to choose a few hashtags that you believe will be popular, as well as a few that are more niche. These will help you get discovered in the Instagram community and increase your number of followers. Make sure to mix it up, too, as this will keep your followers guessing what topics you’re interested in and help you discover new topics to follow.
Reposts Can Be Useful
If you’re newer to Instagram, chances are you’ve been strolling along and casually noticed a few IG accounts that have a lot of followers and look legit. Naturally, you may have wondered, “What does that person’s Instagram account look like?” and decided to follow them. Before you do, though, make sure you know what you’re getting into. Instagram accounts that have a lot of followers may have reposted more than once on the platform, which is when another account posts a photo or video someone else created. While it’s not illegal, it is a waste of space, especially if the account you follow has been reposted. Reposting can be a useful tool, though, if you plan to use it. When an account has been reposted, it means that the original post has received a lot of likes and comments. You can use this information to see what your audience finds interesting and share similar content with your followers.
Use Location Stories
Instagram stories are a new feature that started to gain popularity in 2017. These are videos and photos that can be up to 15 seconds long that disappear after 24 hours. They have a location-based filter on them, which means they will appear in your story based on where you are at the time you post. This is a great way for you to connect with your followers and show them what you’re doing in their area. You can also include your text or even a photo of you with your followers in your story. You can even include your followers in the videos and photos you create while using the location-based feature. This is a great way to connect with your followers and keep the conversation going.
Engagement is Key
Instagram is all about building relationships with your audience, and one of the best ways to do this is by engaging with them. This means commenting on their posts and liking their photos. It also means sharing content that your audience finds interesting, such as posts with a lot of comments or posts from popular accounts. This will help you build a relationship with your audience and keep their attention. Keep in mind, though, that the best way to build a relationship with your audience is to start one. This means posting regularly, engaging with your followers on a personal level, and respecting their time by not posting too many times and staying on topic.
Don’t Forget About Brand Accounts
Instagram accounts are your opportunity to connect with your audience, and you should also take advantage of them. Many popular accounts will have a business account, which is where you can see posts from the account owners and interact with them. You may not see a lot of posts from these accounts, but you should take advantage of what you do see. One of the best ways to do this is to follow accounts similar to yours. For example, if you run a lifestyle blog, follow accounts that cover the same topics.