These wigs are well-liked because they are durable and adaptable. The wig’s front lace, which imitates natural hair, lets you arrange it in a variety of ways while keeping it out of your face. This wig is simple and quick to attach. First, prepare the skin and smooth the hair. The wig can then be adjusted by adding a garter belt and lace trim, for example. Finally, pull on your wig with some masking tape or wig. Once it is finished, you are accessible to style your lace front wigs in any way you like!
Take a skin test
Some people could be allergic to the adhesives used to hold wigs in place. To determine if you have allergy to it, check your skin first. By inverted hands apply some liquid glue / double-sided wig tape first. After that, watch the adhesive carefully for a day.
- Buy hypoallergenic wig tape / adhesive if your skin feels itchy or inflamed.
- Wearing a wig is okay if your skin is unaffected.
Make your hair smooth
The flatter your hair is to your head, the finer the wig will seem. Your short hair can be styled into cornrows or molded to your head with gel and bobby pins. First, create a low ponytail with your long hair. The ponytail should then be wrapped in a flat bun and fastened with bobby pins.
- Wait until the gel or hairspray has dried before moving on.
Prepare your skin
To wash your skin using a gentle cleanser, then pat it dry with a towel. After that, clean the hairline with rubbing alcohol after dabbing some on a cotton pad. Your skin’s extra oil will be removed by doing this. Rub alcohol might be followed by a scalp protection serum if you have sensitive skin.
- Before continuing, allow the serum to completely dry.
- Serums for scalp protection are available both offline and online.
Test the fit of the wig
Make sure the wig fits before applying any glue. After positioning the wig on your head so that it is parallel to your own hair. If you desire a better fit, you might need human hair lace front wigs. If the wig doesn’t fit and doesn’t have a strap to keep it in place, get help from the maker.
- If you have pressure there, the wig is either too tight or too loose. The chord becomes a little weaker.
- The wig should not slide back and forth when you move your head; it is too loose. Tighten the strap.
The lace must be cut if the wig is fitted correctly. Using a few clips, pull the hair out of your face. In order to clip the lace toward your natural hairline, use pink trimming scissors. Some short lace front wigs can be worn without needing to be cut. These wigs have a modest amount of additional lace on the front.
- Sewing scissors can be found at any store that offers sewing products.
Take off the wig, then put it away.
Put the wig down on a smooth, pristine surface after carefully removing it while maintaining the position of all the clips. Make sure the wig is styled, so it is clear which part is on the neck and which is at the hairline.
- Your wig is too tight if you need to loosen the straps in order to loosen it.
Put the wig tape on.
Cut six to ten pieces, then line your hair by pressing the adhesive side of the tape against your skin. While doing this, use a mirror to ensure even hair. After applying the tape, pull back the thick foam to reveal the reverse side.
- Ensure that every component touches the others. If not, you might have bald patches.
- You may buy wig tapes online or at wig stores.
Use liquid glue
Liquid lace glue can be used in place of wig tape if you like. Apply a thin glue line along the hairline using a fresh makeup brush. Putting the wig on can need waiting a few minutes, depending on the adhesive.
- If you’re using soft bond glue, wait until it’s sticky before gluing the wig in place.
- You can put the wig to use straight away if you are using complicated bond adhesive.
Use a wig
Take care when handling the wig. First, tweak the wig’s edges to make sure the hairs match. The wig’s back should then be adjusted so that it hangs naturally above your hair. Incorporate the wig tape or wig by pressing the lace into it.
It is challenging to remove the lace once it has been pressed into the adhesive tape or wig. Before doing so, make sure the wig is properly positioned.
Style your hair
You can use common brushes, heated style tools, and hair products if your wigs are made of hair. If your wig is synthetic, stay away from using hot styling products and conventional brushes. Use a wide-toothed comb or wig brush to mix up your hairstyle.