The amount that you file for through a personal injury claim depends on several factors. Most claimants are curious to know how much they are going to get after they have filed a claim and the time it takes to complete the process. It should be noted that no attorney can tell you the amount without calculating injuries and losses due to the accident. A personal injury lawyer Fort Wayne needs to look into the facts of the case before filing and estimating the total amount.
Factors affecting the amount of the claim
If you have received injuries in an accident because of the mistake of someone else, you are likely to become eligible for the claim. However, you need to know on what factors the amount depends. Some of them are elaborated on below:
- The total expenses you have spent on medical treatment, bills, medicines, tests and scans. In case, you have opted for rehab services or therapies, the costs will be included in the claim.
- Replacing or repairing your property such as car repairs.
- Being absent from work because of the injuries you have received at the time of the accident.
- Loss of income, benefits and perks.
- Time to recover from illness or injury
- The talent of your attorney and evidence showing that you were injured due to the negligence of someone else.
While these factors can minimize or maximize your claim, most insurance companies ignore several facts so that they don’t have to pay more money to the injured person. That’s why, it is recommended to get in touch with a qualified personal injury attorney.
Why hiring an attorney is important?
The insurance company may deny the claim or lower the amount. Moreover, these companies may not include the non-economic damages such as depression, anxiety, pain and suffering. If you have a lawyer on your side, you will get compensation for your mental health as well. If you feel that you have lost a partner because you were injured or lost your capability to enjoy your life as before, you are entitled to receive a good amount. you should never trust insurance companies because they want to save their money.
If you have an aggressive lawyer with you, these companies will feel a bit hesitant of denying your claim. your personal injury can save you from a lot of hassles and ensure you get what you deserve.